CMALT Professional Development Module
Join us on the CMALT Professional Development
Who is CMALT for? Typically; Learning Technologists, Instructional Designers, Educational Developers, Researchers, Librarians, Academics, Teachers, Trainers, amongst others.
Is there funding available for CMALT accreditation? Yes, please see our page on CMALT funding
Why get CMALT? To have your experience and capabilities certified by peers; demonstrate that you are taking a committed and serious approach to your professional development.
Fully online, the module integrates official ALT guidelines and content with bespoke guidance and views from a CMALT accredited mentor via online channels which are most convenient for you. The module is open to colleagues from all participating UGC-funded institutions.
The module offers a structured approach through 5 defined sections;
- An Introduction to CMALT
- Portfolio Design & Structure
- Development & Implementation
- Mentor Review & Feedback
- Submission and Assessment Process
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Outline the aims & objectives, principles & values of ALT & ASCILITE and the benefits of their accreditation process
- Examine the structure, template, guidelines and acceptable formats of a CMALT portfolio
- Interpret the assessment process and assessment outcomes of the CMALT accreditation process
- Construct and implement a CMALT portfolio in alignment to its ethos of 'Description - Evidence - Reflection'
Unsure if the CMALT scheme is for you? Read more in the CMALT Prospectus provided by the Association for Learning Technology (ALT)