CMALT Professional Development Module
Join us on the CMALT Professional Development Module, a self-paced and mentor-supported online module aimed at guiding you through the CMALT accreditation scheme offered by the Association for Learning Technology (ALT), in which you will compile and submit a portfolio to showcase your practice and understanding of learning technologies that will be assessed by your peers.
Who is CMALT for? Typically; Learning Technologists, Instructional Designers, Educational Developers, Researchers, Librarians, Academics, Teachers, Trainers, amongst others.
Why get CMALT? To have your experience and capabilities certified by peers; demonstrate that you are taking a committed and serious approach to your professional development.
Fully online, the module integrates official ALT guidelines and content with bespoke guidance and views from a CMALT accredited mentor via online channels which are most convenient for you. The module is open to colleagues from all participating UGC-funded institutions.
The module offers a structured approach through 5 defined sections;
- An Introduction to CMALT
- Portfolio Design & Structure
- Development & Implementation
- Mentor Review & Feedback
- Submission and Assessment Process
On successful completion of this module you will be able to:
- Outline the aims & objectives, principles & values of ALT & ASCILITE and the benefits of their accreditation process
- Examine the structure, template, guidelines and acceptable formats of a CMALT portfolio
- Interpret the assessment process and assessment outcomes of the CMALT accreditation process
- Construct and implement a CMALT portfolio in alignment to its ethos of 'Description - Evidence - Reflection'
Unsure if the CMALT scheme is for you? Read more in the CMALT Prospectus provided by the Association for Learning Technology (ALT)
Here is a recording of the CMALT Professional Development Webinar led by Darren Harbutt and David Watson, which took place on 18 October 2017.